Tuesday, October 12, 2010

"My Little Girl"

Frame- Punched with Martha Stewart's Swirling Lace
I punched a 5" square, then cut it down to the
size of the image and matched the pattern from
behind.  Image covers the seam.



This card is a Thank You card for my Mom who gave me a "gift"
 for whatever I wanted just because... (I finished that sentence in a
 previous post with) because I am so wonderful.  
I think that is what she meant. LOL!  
Anyway I chose to buy Prismacolor Pencils with my
gift.  So I wanted to Thank her and show her how I used
my gift.  I chose this image because I kind of looked
like that.  I always had two ponytails and had big feet
and ears just like her!

As a child I always loved to color.  One of my favorite
things.  In high school I had a teacher that made us
color maps to remember states or countries.  That was
right up my alley, because the learning thing was a challenge,
but the coloring, that was my thing.  My parents always
thought it was funny because I was in high school.
So it has been the family joke ever since.  My Dad
still asks if I had been coloring lately.  So my answer
to him is, "Why yes I have, now with big girl crayons!"


Big ears and ponytails we do look alike!



 Close up of flower.  Still not sure about it.  watched several videos
and found this one the easiest. Mine did not come out quite as pretty 
as hers.  Next time I will try different flowers
Its all good: flower tutorial

Close up of bow


Inside



Thank You so very much!
You shouldn't have, but so glad you did!


Supplies used:
Brown & Purple & Cream Cardstock: From my stash
Purple Designer Paper: DCWV Old World Stack
Pearls & Small Flowers: Recollections
Large Flower: Flower 6 from Forever Young Cricut Cartridge-1" 1 1/4" 1 1/2" & 2". Small Daisy Punch by EK Success.  Jewel in middle?
Ribbon: From Stash
Labels One, Four, & Rectangles: Spellbinders Nestabilities
Punch: Martha Stewart, Swirling Lace- Punch Around the Page
Image: Mo Manning Colored with Prismacolor Pencils
Skin: Copics

Challenges I would like to enter this card in:

Color Throwdown: Perfect Plum, Early Espresso, & Vanilla
Stamp Something : Something Punchy
Wild Orchid: Stitch It Up
Craftalicious: Anything Goes
Allsorts Challenge: Inspiration from song Title- My Little Girl by Tim McGraw
Fresh Brewed: Anything Goes/ Girly
Digital Tuesday: Sew Special Plus Digi





22 comments:

dj1952 said...

Awesome card Stacey. Love the colors and all of your details. I'm sure your mom will love it. You'd never know that you had just started learning to color. Hugs, dj

Marianne said...

Such a cute card! love the colors and the image!
Thanks for playing along at cowgirl sunday challenge!
marianne

Natasha said...

Hey Stacey,

Love this card! It's so cute! And your colouring is GREAT!!!

Tasha xXx

heidy said...

Awesome card,I love it
Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week
Heidy

Maria Matter said...

lovely stacey, that flower is gorgeous!!!
thanks for playing @ digital tuesday this week!

Anneke said...

What a beautiful card!
Thanks for playing along with us at digital tuesday :)
Hugs Anneke

Linda w said...

Love your story. Such a cute image,and you were such a cutie weren't you. Your colouring is great. I'm still struggling to use my pro markers successfully lol. I really like your flower, it goes perfectly on your card. Love how you've bought those colours together. Hugs lin

Ellie said...

Your card is beautiful Stacey. Love the image, and yes it does look a lot like you when you were little. Too cute!
Beautifully embellished and put together.
Thank you so much for joining us at digital tuesday, hope you'll join us again next week!!

Brenda Brown said...

Love how you have coloured your image Stacey and the flower is great.I find it fascinating reading stories that go with cards and yours is lovely.
Thankyou for sharing this with us for our Digi challenge at OSAAT.
Luv Brenda xoxox

Dorcas said...

THis came out really nice,Stacey and your coloring is really good. I love the shine you got on her legs and shoes. I think she'll love it. The side by side was unbelievable! lol SO cool.

Val said...

Wow - This is just fab. Amazing flower and a lovely story. Thanks for joining the Sweet Stampin Challenge this week.
Hugs
Valxx

Debbie said...

The resemblance of the stamped image to the picture is remarkable! What a sweet design ... thanks for sharing with us at TPE :)

Heather said...

I love how you made the image your own and matched it to something from your heart. It made your card even more beautiful and special. Darling image and fantastic flower.

Great card. Thanks for playing along at Freshly Brewed Challenges

Annika said...

I could have never told that you are only starting out with Prismas - beautiful colouring! And I happen to like the flower you made - it looks so lush, textured and fun!
Hugs
Annika

Kirsten said...

Fabulous car looks and your flower looks super...x

Thanks for joining us this week at allsorts hugs Kirsten...x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh Stacey! I am so glad that you found me and emailed me so I could visit your gorgeous blog!! I love your creations!! This image is so beautiful and your coloring and flower are gorgeous!!

Hugs from a friend in Bloomingburg,NY,
Chris

scrapcollector said...

I heard you are doing well with your new prismacolour! and now i see it yes...you are totally doing great! well done stacy...i need to learn from you :)

Lorraine A said...

fabulous card and the photo is lovely too ,,, perfect likeness :-)

thanks for joining the Stamp Something Challenge :-)

luv
Lols x x x

scotspanda said...

wow that image could have been drawn from your photo!! gorgeous card

thankyou for joining in with my musically inspired challenge this week @ Allsorts

Amanda xx

Kleeblatt said...

Beautiful card. I like your image and the colors. Thanks for the playing by CSSC. I hope, we see you in the next week again.
Good luck.
Hugs Monika

Bev said...

Gorgeous card, love the colours. Thanks for joining us at Wild Orchid Challenge this week x

~Michelle~ said...

what a super sweet card....love the the photo comparison...adorable! thanks for playing the digital tuesday challenge! :)

 

Stacey's Crafty Creations Copyright © 2010 Blog makeover by Creation Faeries