Friday, October 22, 2010

"Tiny Dancer"


I finally got to finish this card for my Grandmother that
I have been working on FOREVER!  When I started it 
it, it qualified for a gazillion girly girl challenges, but
now they are expired. Oh well! I managed 
to find some more! As I mentioned
in an earlier post, my Grandma is a collector.  And
one of the things she collects is bears.  So this image is 
perfect for her.  I also said in that post that I tend to 
collect things for my crafts.  I think "Ooh that would be
 perfect  for this or that"  Projects I rarely get to.  One
 thing I saved was this piece of pink fabric that I ripped
off an old nightgown of my niece.  I had
always intended to use it for a tu-tu on a scrap book
page for her.  But... never got around to it.  I
sometimes morbidly think, If something would happen
to me, and someone had to clean out my things, 
what would they think?  Esp. if they see things like
this ratty material.  Well finally, there is a method to my 
madness!  I knew someday I would use it!  It was
perfect for this little ballerina bear.  And there is still
enough to do a scrap book page for my niece!  


 The image as I was coloring with Prismacolor Pencils

Ribbon Roses & Sentiment: I Love You..

...This Much!

Close up of bedazzled ballerina

Close up of tu-tu.  Just strung some pink thread through
and added some fuzzy fiber.

 Bow with ribbon rose

Inside of card: Thinking of You

Close up of Medallion-  Used Largest Nestie Circle
and the Punched with Martha Stewarts Layered
Arches Corner Punch. Then I layered it on top
of the Spellbinders Shapebilities Pendant
 Got the Medallion idea from Andrea Ewin
who does amazing things with the Martha Stewart Punches.
The frame is with the Nesties scallops & circles
Don't look at the jewels too closely.  I moved them 
around so much, trying to get the number of jewels
per color just right, They no longer are straight.
Plus one set still is off, But lost patience.
I should have counted first!
Hopefully Grandma won't notice.
But we Know!

Layered Shapeabilities Pendant- Renaissance Hearts.
Idea also from the amazing Andrea!
I scored it next to each point and through the 
center of point.  Then folded accordian style.
Mine does not stick up as much as hers
since this is the inside of the card.


Supplies Used:
One Designer Paper is from Autumn Leaves.  The other?
Cardstock: Bazzill
Pencils: Prismacolor
Punches: Martha Stewart Swirling Lace & Infinite Loops Trim
Die cuts: Spellbinders Shapebilites Pendants- Renaissance Hearts
& Nestabilities- Scallops and Circles
Ribbon Roses & Ribbon: Offray
Jewels: Large Pearls- Paper Studio & the rest are- Recollections
Tu-tu: My stash

Challenges I would like to enter this in:
Wild Orchid: Pastels
Craftalicious: Anything Goes
I Did It Creations: Girl Of My Dreams
Our Creative Corner: Embellishments
Stamp Something: Digi Image
All Sorts: Bingo- Punch, Flowers, & Pearls
ABC: Flowers


22 comments:

Dorcas said...

OMGoodness! I know how many challenges you had for that card and now only one! Man!
Excellent card. I wish more could see it. :-(

Padster said...

Fabulous card - love that image and her tutu is gorgeous - thanks for joining us at OSAAT & IDIC this week xx

Linda w said...

I adore your bear in all her bling and that great tutu. Really great job on our colouring too, she looks perfect. You've put so much detail into your card, I keep just keep looking at it forever, I'm sure your grandmother will too won't she. I'm pleased you could find all those challenges to make up for those you missed. Hugs lin

Annika said...

Wonderful shading! The folds and fur look so realistic!! Love the tulle and that little ribbon flower is just adorable!!
Hugs
Annika

Good Kardma by Jules said...

Such a pretty card! Love the tutu and all the flowers. Thanks for joining us at StampInsanity!

Mummylade said...

adorable. the ribbon rose is amazing. Thank you so much for joining the Allsorts challenge this week.

Josephine said...

Oh, that's lovely. And your embellishment is just perfect!

Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week.

Cheryl said...

oh really love this that wee bear is just adorable and you really have brought him to life with all your super detail hugs cheryl xxxxx

Val said...

Fabby card. Thanks for joining Sweet Stampin this week.

Hugs
Valxx

PS: Also the title of one of my favourite songs - Tiny Dancer by Elton John!

dj1952 said...

Stacey,

Your card is gorgeous!!!! I love your coloring and the medallions are awesome. I've been wanting to do some, but haven't been able to find that corner punch lately. I've always know how talented you were.

Hugs,

dj

Liz said...

well beautiful work hunnie just so cute and so love that skirt grandas are special yho and she will love this
Thanks for joining OSAAT with this fab card

Liz xx
OSAAT

Jeanette said...

This is just beautiful. Thanks for joining us at I Did It Creations.

Crafteezee said...

Beautiful, thanks for joining us at Craftalicious. Hugs Tracy x

Katja said...

Great coloring! Very cute card! Thanks for joining our challenge at I Did It Creations Challenge Blog!

Greetings,
Katja (IDIC-DT)

Kim said...

Oh my word is this such an amazing card! I love how you decorated the inside as beautifully at the outside! and your use of embellies are amazing...from the ribbon rose to the tutu skirt...love it all! Your coloring is fabulous too...love the texture! Thanks for joining us at WOC!
hugs~ Kim

Meilani Z. Smith said...

I love how you made flowers with the ribbons. Thanks for sharing with us at Stampin' Royalty.

Crystal said...

Super SWEET and your embellies are FABULOUS!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Inky this week!

Pattie said...

So pretty in pink! Super cute! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something for our Digi Day challenge!

Erica said...

Beautiful! thanks for playing along with SI!

Juanita said...

Lovely card, the little tutu is too cute. Thanks for sharing with us at StampInsanity.

Javablustamper said...

WOW!!! Look at all that detail!! You did AMAZING with this CUTE bear!! LOVE that tutu!! Thanks for joining Stamp Insanity!!



ENJOY LIFE!
Jacquie/Javablustamper!

Nicole (Inky's Mama) said...

WOW! What a sweet card! That teddy bear is just darling! Looks like you really took alot of time on that card! Your Grandmother is going to adore that one! Thanks so much for joining us at Inky Impressions this week! :)

HUGS!

Nicole :)

 

Stacey's Crafty Creations Copyright © 2010 Blog makeover by Creation Faeries