Saturday, February 11, 2012

Mediterranean Cafe' - Happy Colors


My last card, these two cards, and at least one more, will have these pretty cheerful colors. The recipients of these cards like these colors, and I am diggin' the warmth of them. We have had a very mild winter, but have now had a dip in temperature and I am not handling it graciously. So these colors are making me happy. I normally am not a fan of yellow, but Dorcas is rubbing off on me.  The first card is an anniversary card is for some friends of ours. I am more than fashionably late in getting it to them...as usual! These colors reminded me of the colors in their home.  They had us over for dinner last night and I can now say it was truly delicious. I made the next card for them as well, and gave it to them before we had dinner because I did not want to be more than fashionably late for that too. It was a bit funny because I added that dinner was delicious and we had not eaten  yet! It really was quite yummy!

When I saw this sketch, I knew I had to play. I had the event, the papers and the rest just happened!

The inside
Inside- Bottom

 The Thank You card! 
Don't look too close at the sentiment. It stamped crooked and due to lack of time and score tape, it had to stay. It bothers me greatly though! I have a love hate thing going on with score tape. It is an awesome adhesive, but once it is down there is no going back.
There is some patchwork going on here!
Inside

Supplies used for these cards:
Cardstock: Coordinations
Designer Paper: DCWV Mediterranean  Cafe' Paper Pack
Jewel Circle: Recollections
Pearl Flourishes: Zva & Recollections
Sentiments: Love conquers all: Raindrop Echo, & the Thank you from the bottom of my heart is from TLC the rest is from computer.
Pearls: Paper Studio & Recollections
Oval Pearl Frame With Jewels: Martha Stewart
Die Cuts-  Classic Ovals, Lacey Ovals, Labels Three & Martha Stewart
Ribbon: Teal- Basic Basic- & Misc.
Retro Button: Recollections

Challenges I would Like to enter this card in:
Mojo MondaySketch
Crafty Emma - Lots of Layers, 3 or more
Craft Us Crazy -  Anything Goes
Scrapbook Sisters - Anything Goes
Paper Take Weekly -Anything Goes
Crop Stop - Wedding or Anniversary
Crafting for all Seasons - Love is in the Air
Lexi's Creations -  Love 
Friendship's Garden -  No stamped images - Love + 3 embellishments (Pearls, bow, pearls frame)
Little Darlings- Favorite Embellishment- (Pearls, Bow, pearl frame)
Ribbon Carousel Challenge - must include spooled item Anything Goes* 
Craft Your Days Away - Get Stitchy with it
Lily Pad - Patterned Paper


35 comments:

dj1952 said...

Stacey, these are gorgeous. Love the colors and all of your bling. Hugs, dj

Melodie said...

Both cards are so wonderful, I love the colours very much.
Hugs
Melodie

Heidi said...

They are both gorgeous Stacey!
Beautiful colours:)
Have a lovely day, hugs:)

Becky Garrison said...

Stacey, your card is lovely! And the warm colors really are nice! Thanks so much for joining us this week for Friendships Garden, and we hope to see you back again soon! Blessings, Becky

Vicki said...

Wonderful card with gorgeous color! Love those Mojo Monday sketches. Thanks for playing along with our CropStop Challenge Blog.

Chana Malkah said...

Awesome card, Stacey! I love the color pallette and the dps chosen are just perfect! Thanks for playing at Friendship's Garden

Katie said...

I love all the color in this anniversary card. Very pretty! Thank you for joining us at CropStop Challenge Blog!

Dionne said...

Hello Stavey,
Love all the color and layers. The sewing really makes it pop.

Gaynor Greaves said...

This is a sweet card, I love the colours, thanks for joining us at CYDA, hope to see you again soon, Gaynor DT :)

Veronica said...

Wow, so pretty and the colors work so well together.
Thank you for playing along in our CropStop Challenge.

Pauline C said...

Fab cards and great colours. Thanks for joining in Papertake Weekly this week.
Pauline x

cheryl said...

oh these are just gorgeous,really beautiful cards hugs
Cherylxxx

Babs said...

Beautiful cards Stacey, love the colours and the lace. Your sewing is sooo neat, I can never seem to get mine straight.
Have a super day,
Luv, Babs xo

Nazeema Calypso Thompson said...

Super cute card and I love your interpretation of the sketch too!!!
For your second card...It's character love....It's about creating art not perfection, at least not all the time!!! :)
Thanks for joining us at CropStop this week.

Hugs,
Calypso

Dorcas said...

I love this Stacey, it came out awesome!!

Jennifer said...

Fab work..gorgeous!! Thanks for playing at CES...good luck xx Jenny xx

Sharon said...

Fabulous card! Great detail. Thanks for joining our Love challenge at Friendships Garden.

Lisa Watson said...

So pretty! I love all the bling! Thanks for playing with us at Cropstop!

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is awesome sweetie. I love the stitched detail it is fabulous. Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Day's Away this time and good luck.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Ulina / Apricot Bubbles said...

Both are super pretty, Stacey!
It´s funny to see that you and Dorcas made cards with "uncommon" colors lately ;-) You used warm colors incl. yellow and Dorcas purple ;-)
But it´s good to do that from time to time...
Have a nice day!

Faye said...

Oooh, I luuuurve these papers and colours together. Very stylish and completely fabby. xxx

Jamie said...

Stacey, this is fantastic! I love the colors and the jewels you've put around the edges. Great take on that sketch. Thanks for joining our Valentines challenge at Friendship's Garden, hope to see you next time too!

Jamie
Friendships' Garden DT

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, you've used gorgeous papers! Thanks for joining us at Little Darlings this week. hugs, Angela

Tine said...

Very pretty, Stacey. Love all the little details. Beautifully tied ribbon too - very opulent.
Tine :)

karen said...

Wow such beautiful designs,absolutley gorgeous! thanks for joining us at CES this week, Karenx

Catherine said...

I love the unusual colours on this. Thanks for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons this fortnight...

Lin said...

Love your fresh colour palette, thank you for sharing your lovely card with us at Lexi's Creations.

Lin

dj1952 said...

Congratulations on your win of the blog hop candy at Little Darlings. Hugs, dj

Linda Wescott said...

I thought I'd commented on this already....I just love the bold patterns and bright colours. The inside is as always, just as wonderful as the front. Hugs lin

Colleen Dietrich said...

I like seeing these colors on your creations, Stacy! They do have a warmth to them that is very inviting. All the bling on them is so luxurious, too!

I know what you mean about making a mistake and the darn thing just won't come off. I guess maybe you could've used another doily die cut and stamped on it, and layered it over the boo-boo, or even just cut a circle the size of the center of the die cut, and re-stamped on that.

Jessica said...

What a beautiful card. Thank you so much for your sweet comments! I adore your blog header!

Faye said...

11 Feb? Hope you're ok? Still oving this card. xxx

Tine said...

Gorgeous, Stacey. Certainly influenced by Dorcas, not only in the colours but the patchwork stitching too I reckon! LOL. Great card.
Tine :)

Erum Tasneem said...

OMG! I am lovin all the bling-a-ding-ling!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Fab take on the Mojo sketch, Stacey! I like those bright colors. I don't normally "do" bright colors well myself, but enjoy seeing them on others' creations. :)

 

Stacey's Crafty Creations Copyright © 2010 Blog makeover by Creation Faeries