Thursday, December 8, 2011

On The Wings Of Love


The challenge at Dutch Dare this week is "Things With Wings."  So many possibilities. I chose butterflies, but you may decide on birds, planes, insects, etc. Whatever you decide, please join us this week!

I have only cased a few cards, but when I case a card, I am very literal, so I have hard time, not following exactly. So my friend Uli said: "for fun case one of my cards." That is not an easy task, because Uli does beautiful work. Because I am so literal I had a hard time finding a project that I had similar supplies for & I did not want to butcher her gorgeous work. Then I found this card, and knew I had some similar supplies  and could come close. For once it is not exact.
Hope I did it justice Uli!

Inside
 
 Inside- Top
Inside-Bottom
Supplies Used:
Cardstock: Misc.
Designer Paper: Garden Party By DCWV
Embossing Folder: Kassie's Brocade by Cuttlebug
Die-Cuts: Spellbinders Labels 4, Lacey Circles, Classic Circles, & Lattice Rectangles
Pearls: Recollections
Stamps: Close To My Heart-Friendship Set
Ink: Distress Ink-Vintage Photo
Thinking Of You Sentiment: Computer
Velvet Ribbon: Stash

Challenges I would like to enter this in:
Cooking It Up With Katie - Anything goes
Divas by Design - Anything Goes
Paper Take Weekly - Anything Goes
The Crazy Challenge - Anything Goes
Cute Card Thursday - Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion -Anything Goes PLUS Glitter (In Paper)
Pixie Dust Studio - Glitter and Bling (In Paper, & Pearls)
Flutterby Wednesdays - Must include butterfly,
Inky Impressions - Ribbon
Marks Finest Papers -Use your fav. embellishment (Pearls)
Art Impressions Stamps Challenge - Try Something new (CAS)


14 comments:

dj1952 said...

Stacey this is gorgeous. I'm sure the person you've made it for will really love it. I hope your doing well. Beautiful colors. Hugs, dj

Ulina / Apricot Bubbles said...

Yours is much more beautiful, Stacey! You added so many pearls and beautiful papers - and you embellished the inside so beautifully! Suuuper pretty!!!
Big hug,
Uli

Tine said...

Hi Stacey. Lovely dps and nice selection of Nesties to use too. Love the thoughtful sentiment. Pretty card.
Tine :)

Babs said...

Hey Stacie, this is lovely....such nice papers. You spent a lot of time on the inside too & did a super job.
Luv, Babs x0

corryskaart said...

hallo stacy
wat een prachtige kaarten en van dat mooie papier, ze zijn alletwee schitterend!
groetjes van corry

Barbara Bruder said...

Hi Stacy, What a pretty card. Love your choice of butterflies. Thanks for joining us at the Art Impressions weekly challenge.
Barbara AI-DT

Dorcas said...

THis is very pretty, Stacey! And you broke out of your "literal" interpretaion! Yay! I really like all the butterflies on the inside and the pink and brown color scheme. Nice one!

Joey said...

Lovely elegant cards Stacey and fabulous colour choices on them. thanks for joining us at inky impressions. Joey x

Pat said...

All of the cards are lovely. Thanks for joining Speedy the Cats Friends.

Anne Fenton said...

Lovely cards, they are very elegant. Thank you for sharing with us at Art Impressions this week.

Janeen said...

What a beautiful card done in those cocoa colors. beautiful colors you chose. Thanks for entering it with Speedy the Cat.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Stacey! Love the colours and the whole design. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Papertake Weekly this week and good luck! :o)

Lisa Jane said...

whata beautiful card - i love the Butterfly DP
Thanks for joining us at Diva's by design this fortnight
Lisa x

Digi Darla said...

Your cards is so wonderful, I love it! Great job, Thanks for sharing...
Please visit my challenge blog at www.DigiDarla.com sometime. XXX~DigiDarla

 

Stacey's Crafty Creations Copyright © 2010 Blog makeover by Creation Faeries