Monday, November 22, 2010

For Extra Support

 Another Bikini Card!
If you have rooted around my blog,
you may have spotted a few of these.  They are
a fun way to show your support for someone
going through a hard time.  As you may have noticed
from my last few posts many of my friends are going
 through some rough stuff right now.  This card is one 
of two that I made for a friend who also had surgery 
this week, but also has cancer.  This card is to show
my support of her and her family through it all.
The next post was a card I gave to her in
the hospital.  You may have seen the card I made 
for her daughter 2 posts back.
This is a fun card for heavy stuff!


Her home is decorated in these colors with a
safari theme.  And who doesn't like a 
leopard print bra?!


 This picture is not for young eyes!
This booty is necked!!
"Friends are like a good bra: Close to your heart and there
for support." I colored the heart, just forgot to before the photo
was taken.

Supplies Used: 
Cardstock: Bazzill
Designer Paper: DCWV Safari Paper Pack
Lace: Misc. from stash
Flowers and Pearls: Recollections
Die Cut: Scalloped Ovals from Spellbinders Nestabilities.
Booty Template- Stamp Owls Studio
Sentiment: Whimsy- Raindrop Echo Designs- Funny Friend Sayings 

Challenges I would like to enter this card in:

Pixie Dust Studio: Lets Go Safari
Daring Cardmakers: 3 Of Something- Flowers
Kaboodle Doodles: Recipe- 1 Solid Paper- 2 Designer Paper- 
3 Embellishments (Flowers, Ribbon/ Lace & Pearls)
Stampin' Royalty: Patterned Paper
Stampavie: Monochrome
Everybody Art Challenge: Monochromatic Brown





14 comments:

Dorcas said...

a fun card for "heavy stuff" lol! You said it girlfriend not me. :-)

Anonymous said...

these are fantastic! What a wonderful way to show your support! thanks for sharing and thanks for entering this week's challenge at AIF. Don't forget about our DT call!
-Tammy

Tina46 Kreativblog said...

beautiful card!! thanks for joining in our challenge.
hugs tina46
eac-team

kc71595 said...

I LOVE this!! What a great way to make someone, who's going thru a tough time, smile! It's great!! Do you have a template for this? I'd love to get a hold of it if you do or can point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance!
kjkreations@ymail.com
---
Krista J.

Georgia Ehrmann said...

super cards to show "support" for your friends! I love them and they are certainly both "labors of love" for your friends! Thanks for playing with us at AiFactory this week! Hope to see you again soon!

Hands On said...

Fun, fun, fun! Love the giraffe print! Thanks for playing Stampin' Royalty!

**Farrah** said...

What a great way to cheer someone up!! I love the way you personalized your cards even further by using colours and prints that the receiver enjoys! Excellent!
Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles and good luck!
Farrah

Shirley said...

What a cute card. This will surely bring a smile to your friend's face. I do wish her all the best for a full recovery.I love the colours you have used too, they match so well.
Thank you for joining us this week at Kaboodledoodles and we hope to see you next time.

Shirley

Linda Wescott said...

I do so love these cards...why have I not had a go yet lol. Beautifully made Stacey, and bound to cheer your friend up. I love the lace and all your bling...you always have such lovely touches on your cards. Hugs lin

The Stampin' Royalty Goddesses said...

Wonderful bikini card. Great job showcasing patterned paper. Thanks for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty this week.

Yenni Natalia said...

I am sooo neeed the support :P.so cute card! and cheeky!

hugs
yenni

Saskia said...

Great card! Lovely to see your work at Daring Cardmakers! Thanks for joining us and good luck!

Greetings, Saskia (guest designer)

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Fabulous card - love the sentiment inside too. Thanks for joining us this week at Kaboodle Doodles and see you again next time.

Tina

Pink Room Therapy Designs said...

What a great way to show your "support"! Fantastic job! Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles this week!

 

Stacey's Crafty Creations Copyright © 2010 Blog makeover by Creation Faeries