Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Camping


C4C46
This card qualifies for several challenges. Thank goodness, because
it was quite a challenge. I am on vacation and did not bring a thing
with me. Thought there would be no time, but discovered I have a bit
of down time so why not? So I went to Big Lots and Hobby Lobby
thinking I could get the basics cheap. Yeah I know, I'm dillusional!
After I had to pick my mother's jaw up off the floor in just getting
the bare necessities, I realized I was still lacking
quite a bit. It is like camping but much worse!!!
I felt like I was on one of those cooking shows where you get
3 very odd ingredients and you have to create a masterpiece.
(Not that this is a masterpiece!)
Where is my cricut, punches, score-board, flowers, buttons, good, paper cutter, cutter bug scissors, My friend's cuttlebug?!!!! The list goes on! What century are we in here? This was worse than when I first started. I am having withdrawls!
I am fully aware that a lot of this is crooked, esp. the circles and sentiment,
but I tried with the very puny set of tools I had. I got what I paid for with the paper cutter.
Not very good! Oh well inspite of roughing it, this is what I came up with.


Inside- You are in Our thoughts and Prayers
and: And warm thoughts during this difficult time
This card is for a dear friend battling cancer.

I must point out my crooked handy work!



Supplies Used:
Bazzil Cardstock
Misc. Decorative Paper
Embellishments: K&Co.
Flowers & Covered Buttons: Spare Parts
Ribbon: Robert Stanley
Jewels: Paper Studio

Challenges Entered:
Mojo Monday- Sketch
All Sorts Challenge- Summer days
Totally Gorjuss- Thinking of you
Color Throwdown- Kiwi Kiss, Black, Kraft & Baja Breeze




5 comments:

Mary J said...

Hello Stacey! Wow, what a lot of thought you've put into this card with fabulous results!

Thanks for joining us at Totally Gorjuss and look forward to see what you make for next week's challenge!

Dorcas said...

I'm impressed! See, you always did work well under pressure! lol But girlfriend, you need to go to bed sometime!! I was just looking at when you posted this. :-) I was up til 11 getting in a last minute challenge and you were just getting started! lol

Kat said...

This is lovely. You did really well! Lovely colours. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

Kat x

Debs said...

Lovely card - great colours.
Thanks for playing along with my challenge at Allsorts this week.
Take care
Debs xx

dj1952 said...

I think you did an awesome job, especially without your supplies. Here's a pat on the back. Hugs, dj

 

Stacey's Crafty Creations Copyright © 2010 Blog makeover by Creation Faeries