Monday, July 12, 2010

Which Comes First the Chicken or the Egg?


Most people plan to have a party, then come up with the theme and how they want to decorate. Not me!
I have been eyeballing these purses from mel stampz (The Purse Collection by Brenda) for months now, but have not had a reason to make them.
Thought they would be perfect for a kids party. Soooooo I made the purses and started planning my party. They were very simple, but could be made with a lot more detail and technique. Since they are for kids, I did not want to put all my best in them, since they may end up int he trash. (The Horror!!!) I could not resist adding some bling anyway.
These purses will hold a emery board, nail polish, a head band, (for facials) and little toe seperators.
I will post the contents on another post. Cannot fit everything on one post. As you probably figured out, we will be doing a spa day. If the purses were not fun enough!

This is a cute strap with a metal buckle for the clutches.
Clutch



Materials used:
Designer Paper: K&Co. Que- Sera Sera
Most of the ribbon came from Micheals: Basic Basic
The larger jewels and buckles are: Making Memories
Flowers: Recollections paper flowers & paper flowers made with 2
Marvy Flower Punches

Posted by Picasa


2 comments:

Dorcas said...

Cute, Cute Cute!! Love the metal clasps. I think if any of the kids had the nerve to throw the away we should do a bit of "bin diving" and confiscate them! lol

Stacey G.-2 Craf-t-4u said...

Absolutely! You know how much I love "rules" but in this case I think one is appropriate. If you must throw out, please take off all ribbon, flowers, jewels....just bring me the whole thing! LOL

 

Stacey's Crafty Creations Copyright © 2010 Blog makeover by Creation Faeries