Saturday, January 15, 2011

Another Thank You


Another Thank You! Thank You cards are fun I am enjoying these.
Each one is very different because you can tailor it to the taste
of each person.  This is for my friend Doreen who also is a 
terrific friend. We were on our way to NY together when 
I received the news about my Grandmother and my cat.
She was the best through all of it.  Some people like
to solve your problems (That is soooo me) and others
are very uncomfortable with bad news, but she 
was totally there for me.  She let me cry, let me 
talk, and really listened.  Then when we got home
we also took a girls day and shopped. 
I am sorry to keep going on about my woes.
I am actually much better. Just trying to explain 
how each of my friends have helped me.  Do not
want to keep dredging it up, but I am very appreciative
to have such great people in my life.


Inside- After I had the front all done I realized I had
taped everything down wrong. Fortunately It was
the correct side, so I kept it this way.
 Used liquid pearls on the flowers inside the card.



This color scheme was used a month ago for the play date cafe
and I could not figure out how to make it work. Then I bought this 
paper pack and just HAD to put it with yellow! This is 
an unusual combination for me, but I like it!
Wish I had this paper last month! Oh well!
I mentioned in the last post that my friends see things
that remind them of me and just have to get it.
Here is what Doreen bought because she thought of me
when she saw it. Guess where it lands every time
you spin it? Yup, on take a nap!!
That is what people think of me! LOL!
I think she thought of me because it matches by
entrance way perfectly! Yeah that it is it!
NOT! but that is OK I love it! 

Supplies Used:
Basic White Cardstock
Designer Paper: Making Memories Paper Pack
Brads: Making Memories
Yellow Jewels & Flower: Recollections
Sentiments: Freebies from Devilish Designs (Thanks... not just for big and Thanks)
Thanks For Making My Day: Inkadinkadoo
Ink: Black Memento
Bow: Recycled from Ghiradelli Chocolate (It was a gift I HAD to eat it!!)
Black Felt Ribbon and Buttons: From My Stash
Liquid Pearls
Die Cuts: Spellbinders Nestabilities- Labels 8, Scalloped Circle and Plain Circle

Challenges I would like to enter this in:

Dutch Dare: All Stitched Up
Ai Factory: Anything Goes
Stampin'B': Use a Die Cut
Fresh Brewed: Black & White Plus One Other Color
Delicious Doodles: Use 3 Colors
Fairy Knoll:  Thank You
Fairy Tale: Flowers
Stamp Fairy: Layers And Buttons (Inside of Card)


39 comments:

Gerda said...

Hi Hon

your card is really cute. I love the sentiment and the plain look combined with the bling. Thanks so much for playing with us at StampFairy Challenge this week.

Hugs, Gerda aka StampFairy

Erum Tasneem said...

Very sweet card Stacey! You are very lucky to have a friend like Doreen :)

dj1952 said...

Stacey, this is an awesome card, too. I love the colors together. Black and white goes well with any color. You did a great job. Hugs, dj

Teri said...

Gorgeous card hun. Love all the blingey details.
Thank you for playing at Delicious Doodles this week, and good luck!
Hugs,
Teri x

Ulina / Apricot Bubbles said...

Oh, Stacey, your cards are always so beautiful!!! One card from you is like 3 cards from me, because you style up the inside pages so beautiful!! I must start doing this too...
LOVE the color combination of your card!
Have a great Sunday!
Hugs,
Uli
Well, I had some bad mood days, but feel a little better now. It´s not that I´ve problems - I think I´m just silly sometimes - or perhaps it´s a midlife crisis? Who knows. Sometimes I feel very sad about things, where other people would just shrug their shoulders and forget it. I´ve to learn that!
It´s good to hear, that your mood is a little better, too! Would you come over and clean my house, too? :-) Just kidding :-) I´m doing my laundry at the moment...

Benzi said...

What a wonderful 'thank you' and I'm so sorry for your losses. But, friends are so wonderful to get us through those times. Your card is beautiful in black and white with added yellow.
Beautifully done! Thanks for joining the Stampin B's die cut challenge this week. BTW, cute, fun spinner from your friend.

Dorcas said...

It came out nice, Stacey! I really like the inside, so see mistakes can be good, right? I love the flower spinner Doreen gave you too but I think that "take a nap" should be "eat more chocolate" lol and then I want one too!
THose button brad things are so awesome too.
Great card!

Silli said...

Wonderful work...love the colors and all the details...HUGS

Bianca said...

This looks fantastic!!!!!!!! Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge! xx Bianca

pinky said...

Lovely card, the black and white works so well and what a gorgeous sentiment. Thanks for playing along this week at Crafty Sentiments and Stampfairy this week.
Pinky

Powerful Search Engine said...

A wonderful card with a wonderful sentiment thanks so much for sharing with us at Delcious Doodles Challenge hugs Pascale

Annette22 said...

your card is creat. love the colors


thanks for joining us at the Fairy Tale

xxx Annette

Anita said...

Lovely Card. Hug Anita

Anonymous said...

Lovely card! I really like the papers and the bling is just perfect! Love what Doreen bought you too! mega cue! I like the take nap! thehhee..... Thanks for playing with us on the Stamp Fairy challenge, hugs Samantha

Sharon Basel said...

Very pretty card Stacy. Love the papers and the yellow with the black and white theme (my favorite color combo BTW). Great job and thanks for joining us at the Stampfairy challenge this week. Hope you'll return week after week to play with us again.
hugs,
Sharon SF-DT

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Totally adorable! I just love the color combo!! Thanks so much for playing at StampFairy Challenge.

Deanne :)

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Lovely card

Thanks for joining us on Stamp Fairy Challenge :)

Hugs Jane x

DesigNeAl said...

I love the sentiment you used, and your card is fantastic!
Thanks for joining us at Ooh La la this week x

Annika said...

Striking design - I have always been keen on black and white with a dash of colour!
And the spinner is a hoot!!
Hugs
Annika

N Blackburn said...

Hi Stacey,
Aw I really like your theme of 'thank you' cards; it's wonderful to have such lovely friends, isn't it? :)
I really like the pretty little accents on this card, they all come together very well! And that sentiment is lovely too, very fitting.
I hope you're feeling better, sorry it's been rough recently :(
xXx

Carissa said...

Very pretty card with all the bling. Thanks for joining us at StampFairy this week.
Carissa xx

Claire said...

Fab! What gorgeous colours! Thanks for joining us at Fairy Knoll and good luck
Claire xx

Saskia said...

Beautiful work, so elegant!!

Thanks for joining us at Delicious Doodles Challenge! Good luck!

Saskia :)

Heidi said...

Gorgeous work Stacey!
Yor cards are always so elegant:) I love the colour combo. Lovely details.
Have a nice day!
Hugs, Heidi:)

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Oh wow your cards are beautiful! I esp love the sentiment on the first. I think all the little things are even bigger than the big things :) I also love that color combination. The yellow is just lovely against the black... and it just makes me feel happy :D
Your gift is TOOO CUTE!!! and I love that it falls on the take nap! I think I will have to try to make something like that to suit my needs:)


Thank you for playing along at Freshly Brewed Challenges.

Rebecca/Sydney's Sentiments said...

Really pretty. I luv the color combo. You did a great job and sounds like you have a great friend. Thanks for playing with 2 Sisters.

Unknown said...

Hi, this is gorgeous and so elegant, love the sentiment, it is so beautiful . Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiment and Stamp Fairy this week. Good luck xx

Rhonda Miller said...

Very elegant. I love it. Thanks for joining us at AiFactory.

Kim. said...

Great card, lovely sentiment and very, very elegant. Thanks for joining us this week over at Crafty Sentiments Designs.
Kim xXx

darling Ho said...

What a pretty card! The color combo are so pretty.
Thanks for joining us at FTC & 2SC, hope to see you again.:)
~hugs~darling Ho~

Faye said...

Hi Stacey, this is a fabby card, I love the striking colour combo, it's delish. xxx

Kelly Schelske said...

This is fabulous Stacey! So very pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at DDCC!

Shelley said...

Love your card and the sentiment is great. I adore the colour combo, this is one I haven't used before and will give it a go. Thanks for joining in this weeks Fairy Knoll Challenge. Hugs Shelley xx

Wendi said...

Wow this is stunning I love that colour combo
Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
Wendi

Yenni Natalia said...

Hi Stacey! i love the flower card soo much! i guesss you miss spring season already? :P

PokSa said...

Great work ... i love it.
Thanks for joining us at the Fairy Tale Challenge.
Hugs Sandra

Trina said...

I so need to make some thank you cards... I feel like the worst card maker b/c I don't have any! :D

Annemaritta said...

Congrats! You are Top 3 with this card on AIFactory <3

Anonymous said...

congratulations on being named to the Top 3 at AIF! please stop by our challenge blog to find out how to claim your badge!
-Tammy DT Lead

 

Stacey's Crafty Creations Copyright © 2010 Blog makeover by Creation Faeries