Saturday, January 8, 2011

The bestest friend ever!

Who is the bestest buddy ever may you ask?
Why my good friend Dorcas! Surprise girlfriend!!
 We have been friends like forever and been through a lot
 together. We pretty much have a good time no matter what 
we are doing, but, we especially love to craft together.  
This past month has been a rough month with losing my 
grandmother and my furbaby on the same day.  If you guys are 
sick of hearing about it, imagine Dorcas who gets to deal with
me on a daily basis! She has been there for me  no matter what! 
There has been a lot of tears and plain crazy moments,
but she has not run away yet!
The day I came home, after being in NY for my Grandmother's 
memorial, Dorcas came over to spend the day with me since it 
was the first time being in the house after my cat died.  
It was a rough day, but she made it special.  
We went to Michael's, had lunch,
watched a movie, ate chocolate. Good friend stuff!
Before I have her totally barfing over all this mushy stuff I must
 get on with it!  I don't mean to leave any of my wonderful friends out. 
Everybody has been very good to me.  I appreciate 
everybody's care &  concern.  I just had to thank her because 
she puts up with a lot and goes out of her way for me!  
Although me, making a card for Dorcas, is like feeding
 a gourmet chef a hotdog!
It is the thought that counts though! LOL!
At least this card is all my own! No stealing today!


 Thank You for lifting me up when I needed it most!

 Inside






I will bore you with one more personal note!
When I came home from NY, my husband had
these pretty flowers waiting for me. They were a
much larger bouquet then.  My first very selfish thought
was "REALLY, carnations is that all I'm worth is
carnations? I am grieving here, and am I not worth
roses?" Then I thought it through and realized we did
not have the money for roses and it is the thought
that counts.  Well now I am eating those selfish thoughts
because 3 1/2 weeks later and these carnations
are still kicking! They have a few brown spots, and I 
have had to cut them down, but roses would have died 
long ago! 

Supplies Used: 
Cardstock: Bazzill
Designer Paper: Making Memories
Pearls: Recollections
Ribbon and Buttons: From Stash
Sentiment: Mine 
Die Cuts: Scalloped Circles and Doilies by Spellbinders
Image: Mo Manning Danielle & Muffin
Coloring: Prismacolor Pencils and Goo Gone

Challenges I would like to Enter this in:

Delicious Doodles Challenge: Something New- Designer Paper and Doily Die Cut
Cute Card Thursday: Out With The Old: (Ribbon)
Cooking It Up With Katie: Buttons, Ribbon, and An Animal
Scrapbook Sisters: Anything Goes


36 comments:

Trina said...

What a sweet card! I'm glad you have Dorcas!

Annemaritta said...

The history behind the card makes it always special. Very emotional and warm. You have this special touch and your thoughts are from your heart. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Details are yet again very specific. Colour combination is beautiful, and I love the way you are coloring. (We have a good teacher, eh?) :)

WencheP said...

Very, very cute card. Love the pearls and the colors. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack up.

-Wenche

Teri said...

Gorgeous card hun. What a lovely way to say Thank You.
Thank you for playing along in our Delicious Doodles Challenge this week, and good luck!
Hugs,
Teri x

Kim B said...

Very pretty card. I love all the buttons.
Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.
Kim
DT DYSU

Denise said...

Great card - love everything about it, especially the sentiments. Thanks for joining us at DYSU
Hugs
Denise

Heidi said...

I'm glad you have Dorcas:) Good friends are so important! What would we do without them?
A wonderful card. The image is adorable:)
Have a lovely weekend Stacey.
Hugs, Heidi:)

Emma and Susan said...

This is such a gorgeous card, I love your image and your colour scheme. Thanks for joining us this time at Sentimental Sundays.
Love Susan
xxx

Dorcas said...

Awwwwwwww.....what a sweet friend..lol :-D
Stacey, this is so sweet of you! and you did a wonderful job on it. The coloring is good, what are you talkin about?? and I love all the blingy details and the sentiments are awesome, did you make them yourself? I like those fonts. I only have like 100 fonts I think I need more....
Thanks Stacey! Can't wait to get my card! lol
I'll be calling you for chocoalte comfort next time one of my ducks goes missing....

Linda Wescott said...

I'm sure if you gave her a paper bag with those sentiments on she would treasure it lol. This is a beautifully made card, full of all your loving details. I'm pleased you've had Dorcas beside you in all this. And very pretty flowers too. Hugs lin

Doreen said...

What a fabulous card.Thanks for sharing with us at Cooking it up with Katie.xxx

airing cupboard crafts said...

Love your cards I am visiting from feline playful and have become a follower x

dj1952 said...

Stacey, your card is in no way is like a hotdog. Even gourmet chefs are not all equal, so in your own right, you are also a gourmet. And the love that went with it puts it over the top. Beautiful card and I love the bling. Love, dj

Allison said...

lovely card
Thanks for playing along with Delicious Doodles this week
Allisonx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Stacey
A gorgeous card,thankyou for joining us at Delightful Challenges,
Hugs Dianne xx

*Alison* said...

This is very cute.. :) Way to "STACK UP" and use your buttons.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at DYSU Challenge Blog :) Can't wait to see what you create next week.. HUGS

Alison-Owner

Dana said...

Oh Stacey!! My heart still goes out to you but you still have that wonderful sense of humor!! You almost made me spit out my coffee when I read about making Dorcas a card is like feeding a chef a hot dog!! I am amazed at your use of textures and multiple patterns!! It is truly amazing and i am sure Dorcas loved it!!
ooops.. almost forgot:
Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best!
Hugs~
Dana

Kimberly S said...

Very cute image. Love all of the pearl accents, such a pretty touch! Thanks so much for joining us for this week’s Sentimental Sundays!

Janna Werner said...

any friend should be happy getting such a cute card! thanks so much for sharing with us at DYSU!
Janna

Ulina / Apricot Bubbles said...

Hi Stacey!
Your card is never a hotdog - it´s more like a sweet cake from a patissier!!!
A good friendship is more worth than a fortune...
Hugs,
Uli

Pauline said...

Hi Stacey: I just love this card! The colours are just gorgeous;; and I love the pearls... you're a woman after my own heart! Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up this week!
hugs from Australia,
Pauline

Cindy Gay said...

The card is beautiful especially the bling. I'm sorry you lost your fur baby and your grandmother.--Cindy here on the Feline Playful blog hop.

Miranda said...

lovely card, love all those pearls and buttons, and the inside is gorgeous too
thanks for joining us at the do you stack up? challenge blog

gr
Miranda

karen said...

Thank you for entering your fantastic card in our 17th Scrapbook Sisters Card Challenge. Hugs from Julie and Karen xxx

Katie said...

A sweet card for a lovely friend, what could be better?
Thanks for Cooking It Up With Katie this week :)

Unknown said...

that image is so wonderful - don't you just feel for the pussy cat? And I love all the extra pearls you added

kitten DYSU team

Suzie McFloozy said...

Oh what a stunning card - I love the soft colour combo, all the gorg' pearls and the super sweet sentiment x
Thanks for sharing it with us at Cooking it up with Katie this week x
((hugs)) Suzie xx

Donna said...

Gorgeous card! I love your embellishments. Pearls and buttons are great! Thanks for joining our button challenge at Delightful Challenges.

Ms. Jen said...

Hey Stacey! Thanks for your sweet words on my blog! Dorcas is gonna love this. What a lovely post about her. You know there is meaning behind your carnations. The white stands for love and the purple stands for capriciousness. I understand the whole rose thing though. I thought you'd like to hear the sentiments of the carnation too. Have a wonderful day!

Hugs - Jen

lissy-hanne said...

Rigtig flot blog du har, jeg vil gerne følge dig. Tak for besøget på min blog. Skønt der er så mange det kikker ind.
Klem

Chris said...

very cute card, the image is adorable, and the pearls are great, I just love them.

Julie said...

This is cute as can be! Thank you for joining us at Cute Card Thursday!

Julie

Jóna said...

Super great card !

Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shops Best :D Hope to see you again.

All the best to you,
Jóna, DT member at DDSB

Annie said...

thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday with your beautiful card, and I hope we see you again next time.
hugs, annie x

WeirdCat said...

Very pretty card, lovely papers, thank you for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best this week
Ruth x

Annika said...

awww Stacey, I love how every side and panel of this card is perfectly finished off!! Such a good colouring too - I've always felt so sorry for that cat, lol
Hugs
Annika

 

Stacey's Crafty Creations Copyright © 2010 Blog makeover by Creation Faeries