Thursday, January 27, 2011

Retro Elegant



I'm a little bit country AND rock & roll!
Can't quite make up my mind what my style is!
I often intend on going clean and simple, then always
get carried away.  I adore elegant but sometimes throw 
in other elements.  So my cards are just as fickle as me!
  Anyway.... This card is for a special friend
 who is a true sweetie-pie!

 I love this little Thank You charm!

Close up of medallion and retro flowers

Inside of card

Top Inside- So Sweet Thank You

Bottom Inside- Thank You

Love this color Inspiration at Off The Wall Craftiness


Supplies Used:

Bazzill Cardstock
Designer Paper: Patterened- Me and My Big Ideas- 
Solid- Memory Boutique
 Flower Centers- Prima
Stick Pins: JBS
Charms: ??? Wedding Section at Michael's
Ribbon: Orange- Celebrate It- Aqua- Martha Stewart
Die Cuts: Spellbinders Nesties- Labels One & Scalloped Circle
Punches: Martha Stewart- Layered Arches & Swirling Lace
Paper Flowers & Jewels: Recollections
Metal Thank You: Joann's Craft Essentials
So Sweet Digi: Bizzy Becs Freebie
Covered Button: Making Memories

Challenges I would Like To Enter This Card In:

Off The Wall Craftiness: Color Challenge
Woodware USA: Anything Goes
Everybody's Art Challenge: Favorite Thing- MS Swirling Lace and Layered Arches Punches
Totally Gorjuss: Hot Hot Hot: Colors
Flourishes: Hardware
Kaboodle Doodles: Bling It Up!
Creative Belli: P- Punches
Do You Stack Up: Patterned Paper
Crafty Sentiments: Favorite Things- Punches


25 comments:

WencheP said...

Fabulous card. Love the retro look. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

dj1952 said...

I love your card! Really love the MS punch you used on the inside. I've been looking for that one, but with so many new one hitting the stores, some of the ones a little older are not in the stores. (I know I could find it on-line, I just like to use my coupons.) LOL! I also love the way you've used the colors. Hugs, dj

Denise said...

Fantastic card. Love the medallions and retro flowers. Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week - Denise

Miranda said...

great card Stacey, the medallions and flowers together look like gems, the inside is very pretty too
thanks for joining the DYSU challenge this week

hugs
Miranda

jimlynn said...

Super fantastic!!!! Love it.
Lynn

Dorcas said...

Really nice job, Stacey. Love the meddalions.How did you do them? With punches? Cool!

Jaclyn Miller said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! I love those centers. So glad you joined us this week at OTWC.

~Tammy~ said...

Oh my can I say Hello lovely bling! The inside has me drooling too that I think my keyboard is going to short out! Thank you for sharing this fantastic piece of art with us at OTWC! Good Luck! :-)

StampingbugKerry said...

Sounds just like me with the CAS layouts...I just can't hold back and get carried away too!!! Love the little bling things and the diecut shapes. Thanks for playing in the WoodwareUSA challenge this week. Good Luck!

Kerry
WWDT

joy said...

This is a wonderful card. Love the punches, and especially how you have made the inside special. Thanks for participating in the Creative Belli Challenge.

Heidi said...

I just love the retro look! The colours are beautiful:) Great details and design.
Have a lovely weekend Stacey.
Hugs, Heidi:)

Ulina / Apricot Bubbles said...

Hi Stacey!
Your card is GREAT!!! Great colors and I love "the more bling the better!" !!!
The charm on the pin is sooo beautiful!!
Have a fab weekend!
Hugs,
Uli

Yenni Natalia said...

You did extremelly well. i do love the color combo in here..i will give you my four thumbs up! (include my toes :P). i am so in love with the way you play with puncher and the centrepiece looks great...may i know what brand is that? :)

hugs
yenni

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so beautiful.
luv
Debby

Jenny said...

Hi Stacey
I don't know what my style is either....anyway who wants to be put in a box with a particular style, not me! A beautiful card with lots going on and details to look at. Love the colours.
Thanks for joining EAC.
Jenny

Peggysue said...

Stacy, this card is incredible! You have everything on it! Love all the bling, flowers, hardware, punches and ribbon. Super mixing of DPs. Thanks for showing the interior.
Oh, don't worry, being fickle is really just being super creative! At least that's my story.
Thanks so much for playing along with us at DYSU. Please join us again next week!

Erum Tasneem said...

oh my word!!! The colours look gorgeous!! Lots of work on this one! Love the medallions and retro flowers, gorgeous work on the inside too! Spent quite a lot of time on this one!

Unknown said...

I know wht you mean - I can never stop myself adding more

kitten DYSU team

Janna Werner said...

Hi Stacey! Super lovely card! Detailled and elegant! Thanks so much for joining us at DYSU! Janna

Kat said...

What an elegant card. Love how you've finished the inside too. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

Kat x

Darlene said...

WOW ... now that's what I call covering all sides of the card ... well done!
Thanks for sharing it with us at both Penny's Challenge and The Sisterhood! I look forward to having you join us again next challenge.

Annemaritta said...

This is beautiful and showing (for me at least) a new side of your creativity. Are those pearls (silver balls) added there one by one? Stiches are also something I love about this card.

Hugs from winter.

Chris said...

I don't know if it's country or rock and roll but I like the card, it's beautiful.
thanks for joining us in the Paper Pretties challenge.

Faye said...

Stacey, I think this card is lovely. I love how you've used the colours and you have a very classy and elegant little number. xxx

Jac’s Playground said...

Fantastic card, love the colour combo really beautiful. Thanks for joining as Crafty Sentiments this week

 

Stacey's Crafty Creations Copyright © 2010 Blog makeover by Creation Faeries